1) Please log in to your WordPress. The top right corner says ‘My site’. Click on it.
2) Hypothetical: Ensure that you are posting on the desired blog site (if your WordPress account has multiple) and not the wrong one. Else, the top left corner of your WordPress (after logging in) will give you an option to switch blog sites.
4) The third option on the left menu says ‘blog posts’. Click on ‘add’ right beside it.
5) You must see blank blog page. Enter your title and then your content. After editing it for one last time, please ensure that your text is ‘justified’. See the formatting tools for the option.
6) At the end of the post, please mention your signature message if any, depending on the purpose of your blog site.
7) The formatting tool also has a (+) sign which allows you to add media (like pictures, if any) to your content. This media will be posted exactly where your cursor is located on the blog’s body. Preferably, the left menu has an option called ‘featured image’. (If you do not have your own images you can still add a license free image from google as a relevant feature image for your post.)
8) The left menu has an option called categories. Then check the box of what it is that you are scheduling/posting. Create a new category if you don’t find a relevant one.
9) SEO: Beneath the list of categories, there is a text box which says ‘tags’. Please enter as many keywords as you think necessary to describe your article. These are keywords like the twitter hashtags. They fetch you readers who may be searching for what you’re posting about across the internet. (This comes in handy on the social media too.)
10) In the sharing section, let all the check-boxes be checked, if you’ve specified the right social media to syndicate across.
11) Optional: Just below the check boxes is a text field. Please mention your entire signature in this field. The remaining number of limited characters are for you to write what you want to just above the signature to briefly explain the post.
12) Optional: The last option on the left menu says ‘more options’. If your article has a very lengthy heading (not encouraged) the slug would naturally be lengthy. At least shorten the slug (but only if necessary).
13) Optional and Advanced: The text field right below is for your excerpt. Take a couple or more of your most favorite lines from your post and copy them onto this field as your excerpt. You may modify this copy if you feel like it.
13) Finally, there is a button on the top which says ‘Publish’.
(IF YOU WISH FOR DELAYED AND TIMED PUBLISHING, DO NOT CLICK THIS.) Click the calendar icon beside the same button and select the date and time. The time is a 24 hr format clock. (E.g: Mid-night is 00:00 and mid-day is 12:00.) Then click ‘schedule’ (where the publish button once was).
After the article gets published immediately or as per the defined schedule, please share across your personal social media.